URBAN MINISTRY TEAM
- Pastor Tim Hogan
- Chris Merrick
- Sandy Holbert
- Sara Williams
- Graham Filby
- Zach Kauffman
- Steven Hobaugh
- Austin Maples
- Paulina Rodriguez
- Natasha Lopez
- Madeline Alcala
- Yaneiza Hernandez
Saturday June 18th
- Today was our traveling day. We spent about 14 hours on the road, and made a couple stops along the way.
- We finally arrived in Chattanooga around 6:30pm.
- Pray for the team’s unity as we start training.
- Pray for the hearts of the kids we will be ministering to in the neighborhood.
- Praise God that we had a safe trip down.
Sunday June 19th
Monday June 20th
Hi everyone! This was our first full day on the job. It was an awesome experience! Austin and I (Graham) worked to drywall a bathroom, and the rest of the group went to build a wheelchair room at a home. We almost canvassed East Lakes, which is our designated neighborhood for Bible clubs.
Our view over Georgia, Tennessee, and Kentucky
- Pray that many kids will come to the Bible Clubs
- Pray that our team will continue to have energy and enthusiasm.
- Praise God for the work we have already accomplished!
Tuesday June 21st
- To be good examples to the young children
- Glory to God that 23 children arrived for our Bible club today
- For a boys young father who we were able to reach out to
Wednesday June 22nd
hey friends! Today was amazing. We had a great Bible club, we painted a lady’s house, and the girls discovered how crazy Zach actually is. “Um yo, so my mans.” We are really exhausted, but it is TOTALLY worth it! Pray for us! God is doing great work in this city!
- to have more energy for the last two nights
- praise that there were new kids today
- praise that things went more smoothly
Thursday June 23rd
Natasha almost died today. But we’ll get back to that later. So the crew was once again separated today but all in all the work projects came out very well. The Bible club was also fabulous. Some of the kids came back for each night, which was a blessing. So back to Natasha she had chest pain but everything is good now. One of the groups finished the wheelchair ramps and the woman who it was made for was able to try it out. Austin and Graham’s group was able to finish hanging drywall and plumbing in someone’s bathroom. Sandy and Natasha’s group fixed a lady’s front door/door frame, plumbing, and painting. Have a good rest of the day updates will be given again tomorrow evening.
- That the families will be blessed with their finished work projects
- Good luck for morning worship
- For kids to come to the picnic tomorrow
Friday June 24th
Today was structured different than the previous days. Our team had the opportunity to lead the morning worship in music with all the other UMTs. We taught them some different versions of children’s songs and it was such a joy to lead everyone in worshiping our amazing King.
Following our time of worship, we got our food and games ready for the afternoon picnic with our Bible Club kids. We enjoyed an extended time with the kids serving and eating lunch with them and playing some games together. During this time Zach and Graham took some of the boys and Madeline and Yanezia took some of the girls to talk about salvation, explain the Bible, and tell the kids about the Church. The children were listening and a couple of them continued to talk with the leaders following that time.
After our picnic our team was free to go out for dinner so we all decided to go into downtown Chattanooga and explore the city a little more.
- Pray for all the children that we ministered to this week
- Pray that we would go home and continue to be godly leaders